Heyy guys I am back from a super awesome vacation so I will be active and blog regularly :)
Orange Essential Oil is extracted from the fruit peel. Its aroma is cheerful and helps to improve aroma of stale or smoky room. Also used in aromatherapy. Very energizing, uplifting and stress relieving oil.
When combined with a carrier oil (such as jojoba, sweet almond, or avocado), orange essential oil can be applied directly to the skin. Doing this dilutes the orange oil and makes it safe for use.
How ever test before using directly on skin.
Check out my post on Introduction to essential oils to know more.
Orange oil is photo toxic, hence I suggest you use it only in the night when your using it directly on to skin. And if adding in bath you should most definitely use a sunscreen.
Botanical name : Citrus sinensis
Common method of extraction : Cold Pressed/ Expressed
Color : Greenish Orange
Perfume note : Top
Strength of initial aroma : Medium – strong
Aromatic description: Citrusy, sweet.
- Anti depressant: Uplifts the mood. Relieves stress and anxiety.
- Beautiful skin : Cures cracked & dry skin, Delays aging, Helps in getting rid of acne. Provides radiance and a subtle glow to the skin.
- Anti inflammatory : Provides relief from both external & internal inflammation caused by infections. Can even treat swollen tissues by stimulating blood circulation.
- Anti microbial : Inhibits microbial growth. Can treat sore throat if used in gargle water and mouth ulcers too when used in mouth wash.
- Anti-Cancer: D-limonene is a super-nutrient that occurs in Orange Essential Oil. It has been studied extensively for its ability to prevent cellular mutations and combat cancer tumor growth.
- Encourages Detoxification: Sweet Orange essential oil encourages detoxification by acting as a diuretic. Increased urination assists in the elimination of toxins like uric acid, bile and excess salts and helps relieve fluid retention. Detox and cleansing properties help breakdown and eliminate cellulite.
- Skin Treatment:Orange essential oil is shown to promote the production of collagen as well as increase the blood flow to the skin. It is helpful at soothing dry, irritated skin as well as acne-prone skin. It is excellent for rubbing on calluses on the feet.
Other uses : Cold, constipation, dull skin, flatulence, flu, gums, mouth, slow digestion, stress.
This post is only limited to extent of my knowledge and research. Please do not consume internally unless and otherwise you are prescribed by a certified aromatherapy practitioner. DO NOT apply undiluted essential oil directly onto your skin, And stay away from it is you are pregnant or you are suffering from any other medical problem.
In my next post I will share my own experience about Sweet orange Essential Oil :)
Image source : Passion Indulge (Has essential and carrier oils for very nominal prices)
PR sample ( Sent by Passion indulge via www.naturalmantra.com)
Thanks for stopping by.
Lots of Love,