Sunday 13 September 2015

Kama Ayurveda Pure Rose Water Review

Hello everyone :) Today I am reviewing my HG product that goes every where with me. Its the Kama Ayurveda Pure rose water.



When this Rose water was delivered home as soon as I saw this I suddenly started singing


"Roses are red
Violets are blue
Sugar is sweet 
And so are you"
:D

Do you guys remember this Nursery rhyme that most of us have grown up singing? I know I sang this.

Ingredient:

Rose

A symbol of beauty, purity and freshness, Rosa, commonly known as Rose, has soothing, healing, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antiseptic properties. Rose cleanses, purifies, firms and tones the skin. It also treats dry and ageing skin. It gets rid of pigmentation, redness and swelling and is good for all kinds of skin tones. In the case of oily skin, it balances the oil content, and can be used for treating skin irritations and burns. Rose deals with inflammation of the scalp, strengthens dry hair, nourishes the scalp, moisturises hair roots, and promotes new hair growth. It also prevents outbreaks of skin problems like acne, pore block, blackheads, pimples, wrinkles and lines. It is used as an astringent to hydrate the skin, and to make it healthy, youthful, supple, fresh and glowing. Rose petals are a great way to relieve eye pain and headaches

Product Claims 





Steam Distilled
KAMA Ayurveda Pure Rosewater is made from the roses of Kannauj, a region in North India, rich in white soil conductive to roses' growth. The Kannauj rose is considered special...it has the same specifications as the Bulgarian rose.
The steam water distillation process used to create this wonderful rosewater ensures a high level of hygiene and unmatched purity.
Rose water is a natural astringent. It balances and restores skin's PH level and helps tighten pores.
Rose water is also a good non-alcoholic toner. Kama rosewater is a good non-alcoholic refresher that helps remove the residue of the previous cleansing procedures such as removing of makeup. It refines the pores and tones the skin making it ready for moisturizing treatment. It can also be used to damp skin before applying Kama Natural Plant Mask (Lavanya) or Kama Miraculous Beauty Fluid (Kumkumadi).
Kama rosewater can also be used as an aftershave. Aftershaves are basically toners, however because most aftershaves are primarily made of alcohol and perfume, they damage the skin by disturbing the recovery of the mantle, which is destroyed by shaving soap and razor blade use.















My Experience:
Now getting back to the review. I say this is the best Rose water I've used so far. I have earlier used
Dabur Gulabari (Duh most of us have used that!) and its water with rose oil & chemicals. So strong it smells. I have also used a few other ones from my local organic store and dint like any of them as much I love my KA one.

I have used Fab India & Patanjali rose water too which was just okay! But it dint satisfy me completely.

So then I got the Kama Ayurveda Rose water. Its cliche but when I first used it I was like This is it. The best rose water I have used so far.  It smells different and it works differently as well.

I suffered from acne for close to 8-9 months and  just won the battle against severe acne 6 months ago. I have used this rose water for close to 8 months now and this just soothes my irritated skin like none other. My skin totally loves this stuff.

I use this as a toner, in face masks, Any time in the day when I want to freshen up my skin. It calms my redness and helps to liven up my dull, tired skin.  I also put a drop of KA rose water in each eye after a long tired day. Since its 100% pure & steam distilled its completely safe.

My skincare regime is incomplete without this "Wonder Product"

Pros:
  1. Rose water works as a great astringent.
  2. Non alcoholic so wont irritate the skin.
  3. 100% steam distilled & Natural
  4. Luxurious purity. Chemical free.
  5. Can be used on Face & Body.
  6. Hydrates my skin.
  7. Helps maintain skin's PH balance.
  8. Closes & tightens Pores.
  9. Soothes irritated skin.
  10. Adds a subtle glow.
  11. Helped with my acne & blemishes.
  12. Safe for all skin types. Although patch test is recommended just like any other product.
  13. Soothes & cools down my eyes.
  14. Cleans any dirt or make up residue after cleansing.
  15. Luxurious spray bottle packaging, travel friendly.
Cons:
  1. Price. ( May be a con for those on budget)
  2. Availability only select cities & selected sites online.

Price: INR 250 for 50 ml & INR 795 for 200 ml. Think of this as an investment in the long run.

They've raised the price recently. As you can see in the pics 50 ml was earlier priced at 185 INR and now it hiked to 250 INR. Why? :( :( 

ATSL RATING: 4.75/5 

Definitely Recommend it..

16 comments:

  1. When the product is so amazing the price doesn't seem to bother me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly :) its an investment considering its purity.

      Delete
  2. got it in my fab bag.. will definitely use it... great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have used it and liked it a lot, the price range is the most limiting one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed preethy especially noting the recent price hike. But think of it as an investment in the long run and you wont be guilty ;)

      Delete
  4. I have some open pores, so this will help me. Thanks for review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You use it in your eyes, whoa !! It must be really pure if it doesn't irritate. You've tempted me to try this out now. I have used the Fabindia one & found that it does nothing so I was turned off by the whole pure rose water range.
    My Recent Post - The Body Shop Shea Shower Cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a same experience with Fab india one too. You it really is Pure :) Here's a secret LAna I not only put this in my eyes but I also use it when making rasgullas & rasmalai :) Tried and tested :)

      Delete
  6. Have heard so much about it! Would love to try it out too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is exactly how I felt.. my friends thought I was probably over reacting saying its only rose water how different can it be but when they used it they noticed the difference as well :)

    Chic Peachy Pink l Twitter l Instagram l BlogLovin' l Facebook


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True .. Only when we use this we know why its soo raved :)

      Delete
  8. I'm loving it these days...i suggest you try Forrest Essentials Rose facial mist as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Which one do you suggest? Avene thermal water or kama rose water?

    ReplyDelete